Yankees Are Back!

It was the first spring training game of the year, but I was already a little worried about J.A. Happ.

He pitched two clean innings.

The Yankees fell behind in the later innings...

...guys I’d never heard of were in the game, but that wasn’t the important part.

It was all about watching men swing the bat and throw the ball.

From now until November 1...

...baseball will be an option.

When my eyes open I will think of the Yankees first.

If they won the day before, I’ll savor it. If they lost, I’ll think about who the starting pitcher is for that day’s game.

When I was a kid it was fairly easy to handle:

Everyone under the roof in the big house on Shirley was a Yankees fan.

It hasn’t quite gone as smoothly here...

...Matt became an A’s fan and then Jake followed his lead rather than mine.

(Sam has enough sense).

I have been known to randomly walk by Jake or Matt and say:

“The Yankees won.”

Or

“The A’s lost.”

They return the favor.

We know are all set to go...

...months of fun...

...every day.

Let’s Go Yankees!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie