Rush Limbaugh Has Cancer

I received that news on three straight alerts on my phone.

“Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer.”

I’m not a fan of the man’s work. He joked about Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s cancer, he said that Michael J. Fox was faking Parkinson’s, he laughed about Eric Gardner choking to death.

Does Rush deserve sympathy as he struggles with cancer.

The short answer is no.

I didn’t read beyond the headline.

But I DID feel for the man.

I know and love a lot of people who have heard the cancer diagnosis. It should never be cheered.

And for his sake and for the sake of those who love him, I hope that he does not suffer.

That’s the only true answer to hearing such news...

...to call someone a faker, or to laugh at someone who was choked to death, to wish harm on a political opponent...

...that’s despicable behavior, and answering despicable behavior with despicable behavior results in despicable behavior.

We are all facing something somewhere along the way...

...very few of us are going to live to 95 and permanently nod off in our sleep after enjoying a nice meal and a hot drink.

Doesn’t work that way.

Our bodies wear out, usually in direct response with how we use or abuse them along the way...

...but cancer isn’t a wish I have for anyone.

Jake makes me laugh when he overdramatizes his disgust with an athlete who might drop a pass or throw a pick:

“I hope he dies in a fire on his birthday,” Jake yells.

In the Sopranos, Christopher once wished, “ass cancer” on an enemy.

I remember that made my Dad laugh.

We are all human here.

Even Rush.

Compassion is a good thing.

May he battle it with all he has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie