It’s Not the Purge!

The Kansas City police department was pretty funny as they tweeted about the celebration following the Chiefs Super Bowl win.

One tweet referenced the fact that streaking laws had not been suspended.

A second said, “we’re celebrating a super bowl win, this isn’t the purge.”

I laughed at both.

Back when the Bills were making their annual appearance in the super bowl my buddies and I would talk about all the things we’d do if they did put one in the win column.

Running naked was definitely one of the things we talked about...

...and as I wrote that sentence I remembered that I actually did streak once...

...at college...

...about 6 of us (highly intoxicated) decided that we would run up one staircase and down the other in the townhouse where we lived. It was a low risk move as the night security guard was lined up 3rd in our little chain.

It was all great fun until one dude fell down the stairs.

Anywhoha...

...there were more than 150 reports of guns being fired in celebration. I’ve been to KC each month for the last 5 years - I can see that one.

I can’t imagine how much barbecue was hammered down before, during and after the game.

The number of arrests were manageable.

A few people climbed things, but all in all...

...they seemed to celebrate okay.

Congrats to them.

If the Bills ever win I may run naked again...

...and if I bring my buddies along...

...well ain’t nobody gonna’ wanna’ see that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie