Down On Main Street

Every month I make a trip back and forth to Syracuse.

I spend a Friday afternoon driving home from 4:30 to 6:45.

Twenty-two straight years...

...every month.

Talked to a buddy just before leaving.

“What’s happening in the world?” I asked.

“Same garbage,” he said.

“I was going to catch up on the happenings.”

“Don’t bother. Hate tweets and crazy rants.”

So, I listened.

I put on the library of tunes.

Jake had sent me a song by Post Malone.

“I think you’ll like this one.”

I did.

Then an old Tori Amos popped up. My sister Carrie and I saw Tori Amos from a front row seat back when Little Earthquakes came out.

Great record.

Then Bob Seger.

“Down on Main Street.”

Impossible to not sing every word.

And I was off and running:

Bruce with the “Price You Pay”.

The Stones, “Between A Rock & A Hard Place”.

Tom Petty, “The Waiting.”

Bob Dylan, “Tangled Up In Blue.”

The Pretenders, “Middle of the Road.”

And then I got a blast of high school,

The Cars, “Since Your Gone.”

Great song...

...sang every word.

It was a beautiful day, a tad cold, but not a cloud in the sky.

I felt relaxed.

Wasn’t worried about the big, orange menace or the Astros cheating.

Thank God for music.

I dare you:

Listen to “Down on Main Street” and try not to sing along...

...it’s impossible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie