The Best Laid Plans

It’s becoming impossible to plan something and then work the plan.

I take a beating on my trips to the Midwest because it’s a lot to do in a short span of time and there are four flights involved...

...so I’m usually wiped out all week.

I thought ahead...

...scheduled my flight earlier in the day so I could get to Kansas, settle in, get a good night of sleep and stay rested.

Got the first text two hours before my flight was leaving:

“Your flight is moved back 45 minutes.”

Ah well. At least I’d make my connection and still be in the hotel at the same time.

Another text:

“Your flight is being bumped back 35 more minutes.”

Ah well. My layover was gone but I’d still have 25 minutes to make the connection.

Another text:

“Dude, your f***ed. We’re bumping that first flight back another hour.”

I got to the airport to leave 3 hours later than planned. Checked in at the desk.

“What happens to my connecting flight?”

“That’s delayed too. You’ll get to Kansas City just an hour later than you thought.

Ah well. All wasn’t lost.

Got off the plane in Atlanta...

...went straight to the desk.

“I’m rebooked on the flight to Kansas,” I said, very nicely. “Can you tell me which gate it’s at?”

“You mean what gate was it at.”

“Uh, what?”

“Kansas flight left 20 minutes ago. They were calling for you.”

“Yeah. I didn’t hear them. Because I was on the other freaking plane, arriving here 3 hours later than I was supposed to.”

She smiled.

“It’s not problem. We can rebook you on the next one.”

“That would be great,” I said. I pretended to be over excited about her helpfulness but the goofy ass thought I was being sincere.

All in all...

...I arrived 7 hours later than I wanted to.

“Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Something truly has to be done about air travel.

It sucks.

(Oh yeah! Best part?? I got ‘bumped’ to a middle seat again).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie