Nothing to See Here

“It sounds a lot like the flu. Might be better than the flu in some ways. Might be worse. Anyway, it’s contained. No bigly, we’re doing a great job. So, please Mr. Stock Market go back up because I’m scared.”

And that about sums up the Coronavirus update.

Feel better?

Then, like an idiot, I went on the CDC page and those dumb scientists said that it might not be quite as easy-breezy as it sounds.

(Sarcasm was used in the above sentence).

One of the stats said that 10% of the American population may become infected and 2% of the 10% may actually die from the virus.

What are the odds, right?

Any idea how many deaths that would be???

Ah, hell, I’ll tell you:

654,000

If that’s the number it won’t just be those who were already sick and old people.

(I have an AARP mailing so....)

It made me think of the outstanding book, “The Stand” by Stephen King.

It’s a book that is front and center in my bookcase and one I’ve read at least 4 times (even though it’s 1,200 freaking pages of excellence).

Each time I’ve read it - for the uninitiated it’s about a virus that wipes out a lot of the population - I’ve wondered:

“Could that really happen?”

Then I thought:

“We have the Center for Disease Control!”

“We have a lot of those scientists who are really much smarter than us writers. They’ll figure it out!”

Then I read some more about the state of our efforts.

“Much of the CDC has been gutted.”

What??????

Why would they hit the Center for Disease Control?????

Ah! Donald was asked that very question after his highly informative and unbelievably helpful presser.

(Sarcasm again).

“I’m a businessman,” he said. “I don’t like a lot of people sitting around.”

Excellent.

Sitting around working on preventing disease BEFORE it strikes.

“Let me tell you the truth about the coronavirus,” Rush Limbaugh (another Rhodes Scholar) (see sarcasm note), “it’s the common cold, folks.”

So, to sum it all up:

We’re gonna’ be just fine - unless you’re one of the 654,000 - Donald and Rush (and I mean where else would you go for scientific answers) have said so.

Thank God!!!!

Just kidding.

We’re gonna get wiped out here, aren’t we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie