Super Bowl Review

I had zero rooting interest, really.

I didn’t have any squares, but I also got up on Sunday morning and had to help Kathy down the stairs so I knew I was staying close to home.

So, I did the next best thing.

Made a brisket, cooked up some wings and a pizza. The boys and a buddy were in and my brother John stopped over.

We worked on watching Homeland season 2 over again and spending a few hours with Claire Danes is always good...

...then the game got going.

It was weird.

Cause I really didn’t care...

...just wanted to see a good game, and it was really good. Two teams who were evenly matched and about halfway through the second half I started thinking about the poor people who are fans of the team that would lose.

“Imagine how terrible we all felt when the Bills lost the super bowl games,” I said.

My boys just grunted.

But as Kansas City took the lead late, I finally thought about how happy the people I know out there are going to be.

The commercials?

Bill Murray and Chris Rock are always fun. So is Bryan Cranston, but the attempts at humor were pretty lame.

The halftime show was high energy, but the music world has passed me by...

...I didn’t know any of the songs, but I loved the “Born in the USA” inclusion just in case anyone watching was confused about whether or not Puerto Rico is a part of this country or not.

So, sorry San Francisco...

...you’ll get there again next year...

...to face the Bills (according to my boys)

...and hats off to the Chiefs

I got every prediction wrong all year.

Come on baseball!

The brisket was outstanding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie