Sunday Sauce


Needed to be reminded of home a little bit...

...offered to make sauce before we hit the links for the third time.

My back and legs were surprisingly good, but the hot tub and stretching was making a big difference.

Time to eat a little of my own cooking.

We made a trip to the grocery store and I got pork and meatball ingredients.

It only took a half an hour to get the sauce on and we were out the door for another unbelievable round.

I’ve been struggling to hit the ball out of the fairway because the grass on the fairways at the spectacular courses is like the grass on the green at the courses we usually play...

...I grew a tad frustrated, but it’s hard to be mad at anything when you’re hitting a ball in 82-degree weather, surrounded by beauty.

“Had eggs Benedict and creme Brulle at brunch,” I texted to Kathy.

“You’re eating creme Brulle now?”

“It’s 82 here,” I sent to Jake. “What’s it like there?”

“Not 82!”

And it’s a 4-day trip...

...Sunday sauce was my chance to feel at home.

The sauce came out good. Meatballs were good too. We all kind of fell into easy chairs and relaxed.

Back to Buffalo tomorrow.

“I don’t see what I can’t stay longer,” I said to my buddy who is hosting.

“Because I’m not inviting you to stay even a minute longer,” he said.

So that settles it!

But man, it’s been great.

Come on spring....

...be there when I land.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie