World Series Preview

So, it pains me to even think about a World Series starting with the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of American Sports on the sideline.

"Stop living in the past," my friends say when I post 27 on their message boards.

"Yesterday was the past," I write back. "Ten minutes ago was the past. We have to live in the past, you dopey bastard."

They don't know how to answer that.

But we have the Suck Sox going for title #6 against the Cardinals going for title #12.

Still a long ways to go, people.

27 minus 6 = 21 more than the Suck Sox.

27 minus 12 = 15 more than the Cards.

Still really safe.

But I won't be watching much, despite my love of baseball.

First, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are mind-numbingly stupid. I always tell my kids that if I ever stand right before each man I'd wait for them to extend their hand to shake and then I'd punch them in the jaw.

They've caused me way too much angst with their stupid analysis of my game.

Secondly, Fox handles baseball like it's football with all the camera angles, and showing fans picking their noses, and showing their own stupid actors on their own stupid shows.

Unless Stewie Griffin shows up at one of the games I ain't interested.

And then the Suck Sox are there.

With nary a mention of the fact that Ortiz failed the same drug test that A-Rod failed.

With shots of their disgusting beards and filthy helmets.

You all understand that I'm a snappy dresser, right?

Clean yourselves up.

And the Cardinals are there.

I'm not a fan of hearing about how great their franchise is run.

Look up.

27 to 11.

Boston Versus St. Louis.

Yipeeeeeeee.

Buckhead and McDumbass.

Cards win it in 6.

Comments

Tammie Lewis said…
I'm right there with you on the series! I'm a Dodgers girl, so I could care less who wins, baseball season ended Friday for me. But I digress. I wanted to know if you had seen where some poor sap (dope as you call it) sold a WS ticket to tonights game for $3 on stubhub. Assuming of course he meant to sell it for $300? I can only assume it was a Boston fan selling it. Google it, you'll find it and have a laugh. Only 150 days til opening day! :-)
Tammie Lewis said…
....and clearly aware that my Beloved Dodgers have far less than 27.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie