I'll Bring It Up!

Okay, so I have a single, closing eye on the World Series.

No matter what they do to the sport I have to watch.

I enjoy it that much.

McDumbass and Joe Buckhead can't even ruin it.

I mute 'em. I've been doing that since 2000.

Yet what is really grating on me this year is the love affair with Big Papi.

Quick. What do you know about him?

Nothing.

Every single article I read about him exalts his greatness. He's the face of Boston Strong. He's the captain of the home run derby. He's always smiling.

Seems like a great guy.

You know why he's smiling?

BECAUSE HE GOT AWAY WITH IT!

Think about it.

He's the only one that got clean away from the steroid stink.

A-Rod is seen as a downright criminal.

Ortiz failed the exact same drug test the first time.

A-Rod held a press conference.

Ortiz scratched his head and said he'd 'get back to us on how that happened.'

Then what happened?

A-Rod spent ten years getting investigated.

Big Papi was never asked again.

They are talking about him for the Hall of Fame!

Ask Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens how that vote is going for them.

(Not to mention Ortiz is a half a player anyway).

There are shots of Bonds as a Pirate...a skinny kid...who suddenly became a massive man.

Check Big Papi in a Twins uniform and compare it to the monster in Boston.

"But Papi is a good guy!"

Really?

Does his former supplier believe that?

Guess we'll never know.

Because no one asks him!!!

I'd be smiling all the time too...

...if I got away with the crap he got away with.

Clean break.

Must be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie