Firing On The Capitol

Don't you think it's sad?

I hesitate to even talk about any national events because there is way too much anger.

Everyone is angry.

Everyone has picked a side.

People I love are absolutely bitter and mean because we may be on different sides of an issue.

And we're all to blame.

I have my opinions. You have yours. We're all free to express them. That's the beauty of this country.

But why all the anger?

I guess we are learning from the so-called leaders, right?

If there's an R in front of your name you're automatically an idiot in the eyes with those with a D in front of their names.

And definitely vice-versa.

It's enough, isn't it?

I was typing reports when the television show was interrupted by news of shots on the capitol.

I barely looked up.

There's not a single thing that can happen that might surprise me.

We're living in day of chaos and turmoil.

And perhaps it's a simple case of one nut-bag trying to make a statement.

But the streets appear to be filled with a lot of nut-bags who are really angry, and their anger might be misplaced and may not be rooted in reality, but the simple sad fact of it all is this:

I barely looked up.

And lately I've been really thinking about something that I thought we were well beyond because of the election back in 2008.

I thought we were okay with a black president.

I honestly don't think we are.

Some people were ready to be sure, but so many others weren't.

And while that may not be the main thrust of all of the anger, it's some of it.

I am convinced of that.

I remember the morning after that election that year.

My Dad called me.

"This poor bastard is gonna' rue the day he won," Dad said.

I'm not sure if Obama is there yet, but he's gotta' be getting close.

He probably under-estimated the anger in the streets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie