27-Time World Champion...

...Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports.

Yeah.

The New York F&*$ing Yankees.

So.

For the 2nd time in 21 seasons the Yankees aren't in the playoffs.

I am reminded of that fact at least three times a day by my buddies.

Some of whom are Bills fans.

Zero for 44 in Super Bowl Years. (Close don't count).

The Yankees have won 7 times in those 44 years.

Some of whom are Sabres fans.

Zero.

I remember crying on the edge of my Dad's bed after the Pathetic Flyers beat the Sabres in the cup finals.

(Shut-up, Gag).

"They'll win one soon," Dad said as he consoled me.

37 years later.

When, Dad? When?

And then there are inexplicably Mets fans who bring up the subject.

Why there are Mets fans, first of all, is disconcerting and secondly, seriously?

Remember the 2000 Subway Series?

The biggest drama in that series was whether or not it'd be a sweep.

(Almost was. Torre threw them one game).

But the Red Sux fans are the worst. Their team lost 93 games last year, signed 11 free agents, and are back in the playoffs.

Great job of building it 'the right way'.

But it's about perspective.

Let's say they do win it all this year.

(Which would induce vomiting).

That's 3 titles in 105 years.

That's 24 titles behind.

At their current pace that would take them 840 years to match.

I may be gone by then.

That would make me 889 by the time it happened.

The 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports.

The New York F&*$ing Yankees.

(That's how I answer 'em).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie