Impasse

It all seems rather juvenile, doesn't it?

The party leaders are now into the "I've offered to talk and you don't wanna' talk-portion of the finger-pointing-school-yard-bullshit-asshole-my Dad can beat up your Dad-your momma' sucks argument.

We've all been in arguments, right?

We've all had moments in our lives when we've cut off conversation with someone because we just don't wanna' deal with their crap anymore.

Often times we've had to compromise and work out a solution because despite all of our anger, we've needed the other person.

If the willing to compromise is gone, however, the relationship might just come to a merciful end. Sometimes you get so sick of the fighting you lose your fear of the end. (My buddy Bruce taught me that).

Not sure if the morons involved in the governmental impasse can figure that out, but I've always been pretty good at caving in my personal life.

Because I don't much care for direct confrontation.

And because I absolutely suck at arguing.

My beautiful wife and I don't butt heads very often...we're too tired for such drama...but every once in awhile...

I always lose.

I don't much care for the silent treatment, first of all, and at the end of the day I have to cave because, and let's be honest here, she can live a lot longer without me touching her than vice-versa.

And that's when I sort of end it and give in.

So even when I should win the argument, I lose.

So how does that relate to the governmental leaders?

Perhaps we take away their ability to touch one another, or rent hookers, or hook-up with gay guys in airport bathrooms, or mess with interns.

Maybe if we take those rights away from them.

What if we took away their long vacations, or their expensive lunches or their free healthcare.

Would any of that help to get them to figure out who didn't want to talk first?

SO THEY CAN FREAKING TALK????

The good thing about it is that it has the whole country arguing, right?

What a mess.

Perhaps Kathy can go sort it out for them and make them apologize.

Even if they aren't wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie