So...I Tried Crystal Meth

Did you get thrown by the blog title?

I only tried crystal meth in my dreams.

Yeah, the Breaking Bad mess I'm in.

We have been watching the show pretty regularly and I had a real vivid dream about actually taking a bump from a really old friend. Actually I got the hit from my next-door neighbor from back in my childhood.

In the dream it really messed me up and I was promptly stopped by the cops as I was driving my little red Corvette well over the speed limit.

Perhaps we best take a bit of a break.

But we can't.

Because the show is as addicting as crack.

Or meth.

There has been plenty of pontificating going on in regard to the government shutdown. I can remember way, way, way back listening to the radio play the resignation of Richard Nixon.

It's one of those weird things that happened that stuck with me through the years.

Dad was driving. Mom was in the passenger seat. We were all stacked like little monkeys in the backseat and I was leaning into the front seat, listening.

"So we don't have a president now?" Was my question.

Dad explained that we now had President Ford.

"So the world isn't gonna' end?"

(A legitimate question from a 10-year old).

"Not yet," Dad said.

And I suppose that the conversation stayed with me all these years because I was really worried about the world really ending.

My son asked me about the shutdown yesterday.

"We'll get through it," I said.

I hope.

Makes me wanna' try crystal meth.

Not really.

But at least I can escape into Walter and Jessie's world, right?


Comments

Terry said…
Did you seriously have a "little red corvette"?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie