Walter White Part 3

So just like that we are in Season 5.

"It's doing something to your personality," my 16-year-old said.

"Yo, bitch, why would you say that?" I answered.

And perhaps it would have been best to savor it all in a long-drawn-out 5 year span. I'm sure that I would have been able to digest each episode over the course of a week's time rather than waiting the 20-seconds on NetFlix and considering my wife's question:

"One more?"

Perhaps that would've been better, but I imagine that I will refer this time in my life as the "Breaking Bad" period.

The acting is incredible.

Jessie is my favorite character.

The fact that money and greed eventually makes them all break bad is disconcerting, but true to life.

I know very few people who would do the exact right thing if huge profits stared them in the eye.

Sad to say, but true.

I know others who wouldn't even seriously consider doing the right thing.

The writing is superb.

Simple scenes about tasks elevate the drama. In the back of my mind I know there are future episodes so it appears that the danger is fleeting, but I have, on many occasions moved to the edge of my seat.

The husband-wife tensions are palpable. I enjoy watching that give-and-take.

The 'no turning back and the past be damned' elements of it are interesting.

"I wouldn't change anything," Walter said early on in season 5.

"Really?" I said to my beautiful wife. "He wouldn't do anything different?"

But I imagine that it will all be over soon.

The God complex will be the end of Walter, one way or another.

(I seriously don't know yet...it's been difficult to avoid that as I'm active on social media)

But I will be sad either way.

I really wanted a 6th or 7th season.

I'm not tired of any of it.

Yo bitch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty