Walter White-Part 1

All right, folks.

We are going to have to discuss the Breaking Bad thing as we move along...I'm still very early in...but it needs to come out.

I can't take it that stuff without immediately Breaking it down. 'Cause it's Bad.

In any great production the most important thing is to develop the characters fully. I've always known that in the writing game and while the acting in Breaking Bad is exceptional, we all know that the writers are the really talented people, right?

Remember when everyone was reading that putrid Dan Brown book?

(It was the lack of character development that made me want to vomit!)

I get the characters in this one.

Walter White teaches school.

He should've done so much more.

And while he has a lot to be thankful for it's not enough.

Who can't relate to that?

We all want more, more, more, right?

So he goes the wrong way.

A whole bunch of people do.

We kinda' all have it in us, right?

(Damn...I hope not, but I've always been fascinated by an ability to build with one hand and break it apart with the other).

Think East of Eden.

There are no new stories here, folks.

It's all part of the human condition.

And I'm not sure why the first half dozen episodes that I've watched in season one make me so uncomfortable...

...but they do.

I get Walter's angst. I understand his wife. I love Walter Jr. already. Even his bumbling partner has many redeeming factors.

We all also face with the struggle of our own ending and Walter's hesitation in initially receiving treatments was also plausible.

But the first hurdle for me to overcome is the anxiety I feel when watching the show.

Is that our instinct?

Turn away from the harsh realities we all face?

Hide from some of the true evil that lurks within?

Root for evil?

That's what Walter has sort of made me do so far.

"It gets a lot worse," my one buddy told me.

Am I ready for it?

We shall see, I suppose.

Comments

The writer of the show was featured in The Writer magazine. They asked him if he was really that dark - - - he said "no way", but he has to have an outlet. The show is so good. Far from Malcolm in the Middle, eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie