Back to the USA


Go figure but I follow a lot of people on Twitter who are super Springsteen fans.

It's funny, but many of them have seen more than 100 shows. Some of them have made contact with Bruce in a lot of different countries and they set up their vacation schedules to visit the same places the band is visiting.

This past week Bruce was playing shows in Chile.

One of his biggest fans posted:

"Come back to the USA. I miss you."

Well, that woman got lambasted by the people overseas who have been waiting over 20 years for Bruce to visit that part of the world.

It was a pretty funny exchange.

Yet I posted this photo because it's a great picture.

The words of a great song are there on the left.

When I saw the photo I thought of the first time I saw Bruce sing it live here in Buffalo. As he shouted out:

"Faith will be rewarded"

He held his right hand high.

We had just watched Jake pull through for our miracle.

I turned to Kathy.

Her right hand was raised high.

And I think of that every single time that I hear the song or read the lyrics.

This train.

Carries the broken-hearted and sweet souls departed.

Faith will be rewarded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie