15 & 1

So the Buffalo Bills have their first win of the year.

Many more to come.

As Sam might have you believe.

Before yesterday's game he went over the schedule again.

"I don't see anyone on the schedule who can beat them," he announced.

And that's being a fan for you.

I was able to watch the entire first half of the game alone. Usually I'm napping at that time of the day, but I was sitting with my Mom as she recovers from hip surgery, and she took the nap as her dogs surrounded me in the chair as I watched the game.

(She's one tough lady, by the way. Tougher than any of those overpaid stars).

First off...anyone tells me baseball is boring should be forced to watch that half of football over and over.

Secondly...it seems that football is always settled on a disputed call. The refs are in a circle and the great anticipation of the game comes in the form of what the interpretation of the rules is on any given Sunday.

I swear to God.

I've been watching the game for 40 years and I still don't know what is and what isn't a fumble.

And we all guess along with the dorks they have commentating on the game.

A football game goes like this:

5 second play.

Replay.

Replay again.

Refs huddle.

Replay.

Cut to commercial.

5 second play.

Repeat.

Additionally, there are some morbidly obese "athletes" out there. I swear I saw one 400 pounder heading toward the sidelines and I thought he was going to head straight into the stands for a couple of dogs.

Yet the game went down to the last play and this time the Bills won.

They're one and one.

14 more wins and Sam's pick for the year will come true.

I better order the plane tickets for the game in the Meadowlands in February.

Buffalo's got the spirit.

Talking Proud.

Talking Proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie