I Vote No

The horrors of what happened in Syria aren't lost on me.

It's amazing what men do to other men in the name of God knows what.

Gassing 1400 people including 400 children is a heinous act of epic proportions.

And America is built on the premise that we can't turn a blind eye to such atrocities...

...but.

Can we possibly go to war again?

And it's not an Obama thing.

It's a simple question.

What can be done?

Of course, it'd be nice to have people answer the question at face value instead of branching off based on whether or not you hate the man in the oval office because right now he's already in a can't win situation.

If we strike, he's wrong.

If we don't, he's wrong.

The same people will make the argument either way.

That's the way of the political world and I find it interesting because if America does strike the people who usually call for such offensive situations are going to have to make us believe that they were always for diplomacy all along.

And if there is no strike...damn...that's a field day...for those who like to throw the peace-lovers to the wolves.

You see the political problem?

So I'll take my stand.

Don't do it.

Certainly don't do it without careful consideration and voices heard from all over the world.

Don't do it and sell it as a threat to us here. I swear if I hear: "We fight 'em over there so we don't have to fight them here."

That was an inane argument before.

They hate us.

Both sides.

They will hate us even after we help 'em.

I know the people who lost their lives should not be ignored, but we have our own citizens killing our own citizens and we've sort of grown immune to that on a nightly basis.

My vote hardly counts, of course, and really doesn't matter on touchy subjects.

I thought background checks was doable.

So what do I know?

But I do vote no.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie