Kansas City Here I Come - Part 2


The cool part about visiting a new city is that everything is unfamiliar.

It's also the aggravating part.

I used the GPS to highlight the route to the job and immediately got lost. I called the contact and he gave me directions as if I had lived there all my life.

"You know where the little blue highway starts?"

"Are you freaking kidding me? The little blue highway?"

"Where are you now?" he asked.

"I have no freaking idea (freaking subbing for another word)."

Let me tell you, the heartland is mostly field. And strip mall. And field. And convenient store. And field.

"I'm by a field."

"And a McDonalds."

Thankfully he knew the place.

I visited the site and got back into the car hours later. I had no plan other than steak. (Pops had planted the seed with a text earlier in the day).

And I drove aimlessly.

I saw George Brett way.

He's my favorite non-Yankee player ever.

I drove by and parked next to the baseball and football stadiums...strategically located in a beautiful part of town (you hear that Buffalo?)

And then I found a steakhouse.

I got the Kansas City strip, of course, and I hammered it down.

"Geez, you were hungry," the waitress said.

"The sad part is I could eat two of 'em," I answered.

Then it was back to the hotel.

I got lost on the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty