Just Thinking

Why does the hair on my eyebrows grow like a weed while the hair couldn't leave my head fast enough?

I swear to God you know it's a problem when the hair from your eyebrows is getting into your eyes. It looks like the freaking Nike swoosh.

Eyebrow hair is weird.

I was watching a movie the other day and the murderer was making the poor slob dig his own grave.

It got me thinking.

How long would he wait there as I did the digging?

After about three hours when I had just barely scraped the dirt away I'm imagining the guy would beat me with the shovel. He ain't waiting 30 hours, you know what I'm saying?

And right there is another pet peeve.

"You know what I'm saying?"

My boys found a show on Netflix - "Trailer Park Boys." I guess it's an older show, but let me tell you, we've laughed. The language in it is horrific, but what's funnier than stringing a good set of curse words together? There's a character in there who is a cartoon character of a rap artist...he's always saying, "You know what I'm saying."

And here's one for you.

I don't swear around my kids. Never have. They don't swear around us much either...even when a single word slips like ass...I call 'em out on it. I never really bought into the crap that what is on television and what games they play can change them. You need to take the time to teach them the difference between fiction and non-fiction, right?

Trailer Park Boys...damn it's funny.

Speaking of which...my beautiful wife and I also found another series on Net Flix. I know we're awful late to the party but we started watching Breaking Bad. I just started so those of you have been watching it for years need to shut up. Of course, I have a feeling I'm gonna' fall way behind real quick. The long weekend gave me a chance to start it, but pretty soon Kathy will be a full two seasons ahead of me.

The fact that Malcolm's Dad is a 50-year old guy is sort of weird though. The other disconcerting item is that he's facing death. It's out there, hopefully well in the distance for all of us, but as we started the show I thought about the one cruel element of it all...that there's a chance that one spouse is going to have to get used to the idea of living without the other.

That sucks.

I know a few young widows. It's a heartbreaking deal. Doesn't really seem right. Last week a story made the rounds about a couple who died within hours of one another. They had been together for better than 65 years. Believe it or not, that's always a heartwarming deal, right?

That's the cruel twist, no doubt.

What else?

Not much.

Just thinking.

About braiding my eyebrow hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie