Kansas City Here I Come - Part 1 (This is gonna' take a few posts)


Some people think it's cute to travel.

While I enjoyed Kansas City there were certainly some issues in getting there and doing the job.

On Sunday I boarded the plane in Baltimore (after a short layover) and due to the fact that I was in the C group, I was not really blessed with the prime choice of seats. I headed for the back row.

(Perhaps no one would join me).

But noooooooo......

A reasonably attractive female sat next to me. There were three seats. She didn't choose the one on the end and leave the middle one empty.

She sat right next to me.

A bit odd despite the fact that I'm a wildly attractive man.

A moment later a man approached.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked the woman.

"No, please," she said.

The guy sat down and immediately the two of them began making small talk. Flirting, actually. It was a wee bit uncomfortable. The guy then took out a deck of cards.

"Do you play gin rummy?" he asked his new friend.

"I never have," she replied, coyly, "but I'm up for trying anything once."

The guy giggled. She giggled. I looked for the puke bag.

He shuffled the cards as if he were a dealer in Vegas. All the while he complimented her looks. She was blushing.

He dealt the cards snapping each one down on the tray table in front of her. Their hands brushed once and he complimented her on how soft her skin was.

She won the first game.

Loudly.

Cheering.

Rubbing his nose in it.

They played again.

She won again.

At this point I was waiting for them to mount one another in the seats next to me. Almost as if he were reading my mind the guy said: (and I quote):

"Have you ever thought about joining the mile high club?"

I looked up quickly.

He got up and went to the lav at the back of the plane.

She turned to me, laughing hard.

"We're married," she said. "We pretend we aren't sometimes to keep it fresh."

I had just wanted to read my book but I was a pawn in their little game.

They played seven more hands.

The didn't join the mile high club.

(I don't think).

He won.

By the time the plane landed they sounded like a true married couple.

The sad part of it all?

They were the best people I sat next to on my four plane rides.

Tomorrow...the on the ground portion of the trip.

It was fun too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie