Held Captive


Check out this photo.

This is actually a decal on the back of a pickup truck.

It's supposed to be funny.

I suppose.

It's a bound and gagged woman in the bed of the truck. The driver has had all sorts of problems as he has been getting pulled over regularly because private citizens are calling to report the abduction.

What state do you think the guy resides in?

(Besides the state of confusion).

Yeah.

Texas.

And at first glance, I thought it was sort of amusing.

That first glance didn't last long.

Ten seconds after my initial snicker, I thought of how it plays for women everywhere. I'm a big fan of women. I have always been surrounded by strong, smart women who have had a true influence on my life.

It's really not funny to bind and gag them and shuffle them around town.

Yet in the back of my mind I kept thinking:

It's just a joke!

There are a lot of people who think we are all way too serious these days and that political correctness is really hurting our ability to communicate.

But what threw me over the edge was my next thought.

What would someone who lost a loved one to a rapist or a sicko think of the joke if they were behind this guy on the freeway?

I'm not big on stickers on the back of my car.

I certainly won't advertise that my kids are honor students (and they have made the honor rolls).

I will not put a sign on the car promoting a presidential candidate. There won't be any Repeal the act signs on my bumper.

I don't think such things do anything other than aggravate the other people out there who don't think like me.

I do have a 27-time World Champion Greatest Team in the History of Organized Sports Yankees license plate holder, but what sane person wouldn't?

I tell you one thing a sane person wouldn't have on the back of his vehicle:

A decal of a bound and gagged woman.

Why would he?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie