The New Pope

So they are having a conclave to elect the new Pope. Is that sort of like a football fantasy draft?

I'm trying hard to picture the scene.

Do they all have to wear their colored robes?

Are there adult beverages consumed?

Pizza and wings?

I'm not sure how it all goes. I know that they send up black smoke if they don't have a Pope yet, and then send up a different colored plume when the choice is made.

I have a few suggestions.

1). Think very hard before electing a Pope that has friends who have molested other friends and/or little children.

It seems impossible that I would have to suggest such a thing for the man who will sit closest to God, but we do have some bad PR to consider, right?

2). If you're going to go with the black guy, you may have to do a little more selling to some people.

There are Catholics out there who actually put up a photo of the Pope. Some of these same folks don't really care for people who don't look exactly like they do. Again, I'm not being controversial here. It's just the truth of the matter.

3). Don't elect the guy named Sicola.

It seems that every single time there is a job occupancy in the office I hear about the leading candidate Sicola. We certainly, coming off the last situation need someone named Pope Sicola holding down the hot seat.

4). Think about going a little younger.

I'm not saying that we need Justin Bieber as the next Pope but there certainly may be an identity crisis of sorts. Do we need to tailor the religion to reach a younger demographic? I'm not sure about all of that, but I sort of cringe whenever I hear someone start talking about Catholics when they are doing stand-up or polishing their monologue because the inevitable Altar Boy joke is just around the corner. I was an Altar Boy. I took pride in a job well done.

5). Bring back the love and compassion.

The church was founded on the principles of Jesus Christ. All jokes aside. All bias aside. Get back to the compassion. Find your way through to the love.

Faith, hope, love, compassion.

None of those things is easy to achieve when there are so many other temptations out there.

The world has changed.

The principles of the church do not have to be compromised.

Yet there does have to be compassion for what the members are going through.

These are certainly confusing times. I'm not sure that the Catholic church will ever find its way back into the good graces of some of the people who are judging them for the actions of a perverted and sinful cast. It is certainly time to come clean, though. No more hiding the sins. No more turning a blind eye.

This is God we're talking about.

The peons way down here need to have faith in the church leaders.

Or the smoke will continue to be black.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie