Fifty Grand a Day

The Bills just released their former starting quarterback.

By all accounts Ryan Fitzpatrick seemed like a good human being. He was a pretty poor NFL QB though, and no matter how nice a guy you are, that catches up.

Don't feel bad for the dude. It turns out he was getting paid $50,000

A Day!!!!

For 501 straight days.

Now don't get me wrong here. I like sports. I always have. I also don't begrudge a guy getting paid if someone is willing to pay him, but folks...

Folks, folks, folks...

What in the hell are we doing?

The sequester bullshit has cost people their jobs.

I just read an article about special education programs being cut to the bone.

We can't get sick people to the doctors.

We have people doing jumping jacks because the minimum wage is being raised to $9 per hour.

You know how much drywall a guy has to hump at 9 bucks an hour to get to one days pay for a NFL quarterback who won 8 games over those 501 days?

It's not Ryan Fitzpatrick's fault.

God Bless Him.

We were willing to pay $100 a seat to watch him and his band of idiots take a beating at least 5 out of 7 times a year. If the existence of the team came up for a vote it would be about 98% in favor of keeping them.

But 50 grand a day!

Think of all that you have to do for one day of his pay.

Up and out of bed...what?

330 days?

Lunch with some idiot co-worker chewing off your ear.

The boss riding your ass.

The car rides back and forth (at 4 bucks a gallon, no less).

The endless glances at the clock wishing you were somewhere else.

For 1 day of his pay!

"I love the guys who are cheerful in sports," my buddy said. "The ones who know that they have it made. They sign for the fans, they laugh and enjoy the ride."

"For 50 grand a day they could beat me with a stick for an hour after each game," I said.

"Oh, I'd take a helluva' whooping for that cash," my buddy added.

Poor Fitz.

I wonder.

Can a guy like that apply for unemployment benefits?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Throw on your sexiest lingerie along with some exciting new feArtificial Vagina techniques will have
you believe, right? In San Antonio, Michele Gwynn is also the Webby Awards founder.



Feel free to surf to my web blog: pocket pussy
Anonymous said…
Thiѕ is a toріc that's close to my heart... Thank you! Where are your contact details though?

Review my blog small loans

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie