My Beautiful Wife

We've been together a long time. Birthdays come and go, but each day still seems special to me.

You see, before my beautiful wife came along my longest relationship was a lunch date. I hadn't been interested in such things and truth be told, when I was out on a date they usually lost interest after watching me eat.

But my beautiful wife stuck around. She realized that the rest of the world was simply misunderstanding my charms. I knew I was in trouble when she didn't run away. In fact, I remember telling her one time:

"Oh shit, we're gonna' get married, aren't we?"

All the years later. It was still a solid move.

Saved me from being the Jack Nicholson character in that old movie with Helen Hunt. (Although I'm still morphing that way at times).

She stops it from happening.

And it makes me think of a song that Billy Joel wrote a long time ago. It's a song that my Dad fell in love with when Sinatra covered it.

"A beautiful love song," Dad said. "You make it a long time in a marriage and you'll know what he's saying."

I got it, Dad.

Thanks to my beautiful wife.

Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel

Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before

Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore

I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far

I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair

You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard

I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are.

I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew

What will it take till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you.

I said I love you and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart

I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are.


Anywhoha...

Happy 73rd birthday to my beautiful penguin wife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie