Pizza Bomber

I'm reading a book now called The Pizza Bomber. Perhaps you remember the story. A pizza delivery guy went into a bank with a bomb strapped around his neck.

In Erie, PA. of all places.

I dominated Erie during my college years back in the early to mid 80's.

(Sorry for the hyperbole. My college-aged kid is constantly telling me about the things he dominates).

Yet the surprising thing is that it did happen in Erie. It's such a quiet place, normally, but craziness has no known locale.

Anywhoha, back to the story.

The cops didn't believe the guy and sort of stood there waiting for him to confess to the crime and admit that he wasn't just some stooge who had a bomb strapped around his neck by 3 black guys. While they were waiting for the confession a funny thing happened.

(Not funny, ha-ha, mind you).

The bomb went off and the pizza guy blew up.

As I was reading about it, and an accompanying story of a woman involved who shot her boyfriend and bought a new freezer with which to stuff him in, I was just flabbergasted.

How can people live in such a manner?

I feel awful when I have a cross word with my beautiful wife and loving, wonderful children.

How do you take a sawz-all to someone?

Couple that with the fact that I read a letter from a responsible gun owner to a lawmaker from Colorado. The guy kept referring to the lawmaker and Obama as N-word, half-of-racoon-word, and telling them that he is a law-abiding citizen who's rights shouldn't be f-ed with.

Or he was gonna' 'Gifford their asses.'

He was arrested.

It seems that it just keeps on rolling, doesn't it?

Now know for sure that I don't always read such stuff, but for one reason or another it is amazing to me, and to my wife. We watch 48 Hours and Dateline quite a bit and it usually is something about a wife killing a husband or vice-versa. Our conversation usually goes something like this:

Me: We need to get a little more life insurance on you.

Her: Would you rather I poisoned you or bludgeoned you?

Me: It probably won't work if it's poison because if you EVER cooked anything I'd be suspicious.

Her: Bludgeon it is.

Me: He did it.

Her: How do you know?

Me: She was aggravating him.

Then when we find out who's fault it was we ridicule one another a little more.

If the wife was having an affair I'll go:

"Ah ha!"

If the man had 3 women on the side she'll go:

"Ah ha!!!!!"

It's always amazing though.

Simply amazing.

Her: If you get sick of me, just go. You don't have to kill me.

Me: And vice-versa, please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty