I Need My Mail!!!!

It's interesting to me but there was a photo of people gathered together in the cold to protest the fact that there won't be mail delivered on Saturday a.m.

Really?

That's what gets you out in front of the local town hall to protest?

Not getting your discount book from the grocery store?

They had signs with rhymes on them to show the world their anger.

Now I get the fact that there are some people who depend on that Saturday income. I understand that people may need certain items mailed to them. I also know that it might aggravate me if I have to wait until Monday to receive something that I'm waiting on.

But I'm not heading down to the village square with a poster board around my neck to protest it.

In fact, while the protests of years gone by seemed interesting, I'm not sure that there's anything that would make me want to gather with other people to scream about.

The pro-gun protests resulted in people getting shot.
The anti-war protests always end in violence.
The pro-life protests sometimes result in the loss of lives.

We don't protest right. We still haven't quite got it down.

I saw Argo last month and those Iranians had the old protest march down pat. They stormed the embassy with anger. They were a scary freaking mob of lunatics.

Peaceful demonstration?

The hell with that!

I don't know. I might just be getting tired. We have teenagers shooting toddlers in the face. We have economic problems, civil unrest, world-wide terror, a shortage of food, too many people, no White House Easter egg tours, an aging Yankee team, Bruce all the way over in Australia, a sore hip, unbelievable college costs, increasing taxes, a lousy football team, a pathetic hockey team, and a dog with an ear infection and we are worried about...

...getting mail on Saturday?

They're broke.
They need to cut costs.
It's been mismanaged for years.
Their employees are sour pusses.

They ask everyone if there's anything perishable, liquid or fragile the very moment after you tell them you're mailing out a book.

Here's my most recent trip in:

Me: I'd like to send it media mail. It's a book.

Him: Is there anything liquid, perishable, or fragile in here?

Me: It's not an edible book.

Him: (sour puss)

Me: No, sir.

Him: We can send it priority mail for $82.50 or First Class for $76.40 or media mail for $2.52.

Me: Really?

Him: (Sour puss)

Me: (pretending to mull over my options) Um, I guess I'll go with media mail.

You know how to solve the crisis?

Write a sign that tells us of our options. Don't ask us if we need any additional stamps, mailers, or $ orders.

Smile a little.

Honestly, I'm thinking that if the sour pusses get some rest on Saturday's we might all be better off.

One less thing to protest.


Comments

chris said…
For some reason it makes me think of jeff
Marching with "free OJ!" Or was he just giving orange juice! Lol classic j...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty