Mental Health Day

Don't you hate when the car starts to get filthy?

I spend a lot of time in my car so when the dirt piles up on the floor and there's dirt all around I start to get antsy. I planned on cleaning it a number of times over the last few weeks. After finishing up a heavy work schedule I decided that I needed a mental health day of sorts.

I headed to the car wash.

Why the hell, after putting people on the moon, and finding everything you need on your phone at the click of a few buttons, can't we find a change machine that doesn't spit the dollar bill back at you 11 freaking times before it gives you four quarters?

"Come on!" I screamed.

It took seven attempts.

I took the plastic mats out of the car and hung them on the hook. I headed to the control panel.

OUT OF ORDER!

Mats back in the car.

Cleaned things up.

Went to the vacuum. Put in a dollar for 4 minutes. I needed 6 minutes. I wasn't going back to the change machine.

GOOD ENOUGH.

I headed home and grabbed my checkbook and 3 letters that I had to mail. I also grabbed the laundry. Might as well finish that and then pay for the taxes.

Grabbed the dogs, loaded them into the car and then headed back into the house looking for the letters and the checkbook.

Not upstairs. Not downstairs.

WHAT'S UP?

NO!!!!!!

I stopped the wash cycle.

Little bits of paper drifted to the ground. My 3 letters.

The checkbook was soaked.

Headed up to check out the spot where I kept the extra checks.

NONE LEFT!

Called to order new checks.

I got automated response service.

God! I feel great!

It pays to take a day off to clear the mind, doesn't it?

Comments

Tammie Lewis said…
Mr. Fazzolari....I have been reading your blog for a few years now, but never commented....but today.....holy crap! Thanks for the laughter to get my day started. And yes, those dang 'mental' days always leave us feeling better, don't they? Keeup up the good work!

Tammie
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Thanks, Tammie. Glad you read along. It helps me to write it down to laugh through it!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie