Tear Down Those Walls


Every time I drive into Buffalo along Route 5 I think of bringing a bunch of college friends that way on our way into the city.

"This place is a shit-hole," the ever eloquent Fluffy mentioned.

And I think of a few certain sections of Buffalo as that way for sure. The old steel plant buildings are certainly an eyesore and despite the fact that we may not ever set up a waterfront as wonderful as that of some other cities, we can certainly do better.

The old, tired, unused buildings that once gave the city life are now just sitting there...looking ugly and worn.

There is talk of tearing some of the old dogs down and there are groups standing up in opposition.

We need to preserve them as historical sites?

For what?

Exactly?

Yeah, yeah a lot of people built their lives while working inside the walls of the place.

It won't ever happen again.

Not when they can do it cheaper in some other country. Not when no one works there anymore.

My beautiful wife worked right there. Every single time we pass the place she says:

"That's where I used to work."

Please.

I'm begging you.

Tear the joint down.

Just so I don't have to hear that anymore.

The place is enough of a shit-hole as it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie