Betray Us

Weird story about Petraeus, huh?

Is that really the reason to quit your job as the head of the CIA? I think there may be more to it, eventually, but it's one of those things that sort of fits into the 'Is it really our business?' categories.

I'm sure that the man feels ashamed that he was found out, to be sure, but a deal-breaker?

As I've seen posted a couple of times. If the head of the CIA can't get away with it what makes you think you will?

And the whole getting away with it is sort of out of fashion anyway, isn't it?

It seems that there are so many ways to catch the bad guys these days. It sort of makes you wonder how they only solve about 20% of the murders in this country. It isn't all Blue Bloods (a good show, by the way) out there.

I've never been a very good liar and thanks to a bunch of paddle-swinging nuns I don't handle guilt very well. I often feel guilty for things that others have done. I have enough guilt to start my own religion.

And I'd use that as an excuse to never cheat on my spouse, but there are other factors as well.

"If you can find someone dumb enough to want you, feel free," my beautiful wife once famously said.

Evidently she didn't grasp the apparent self-abusing meaning behind her sentence, but to the credit of women everywhere I have not found anyone that dumb through the years.

The other problem that I have with it, of course, has to do with the children. My Dad once explained being faithful in marriage to me this way:

"Imagine having to break it to your kids."

I'm not sure that I could explain it better than an 'ah well, shit happens.'

And in the same light one of the other things that I read written down somewhere:

"The greatest thing that a man can do for his children is to show respect to their mother."

As for Betrayus...(doesn't he have the perfect name for such a deed?)...I hope all goes well. The work he did on behalf of the country is well-chronicled. I'm hoping that there isn't more to the story.

I'm also hoping it stays within his own family. It gets way too messy when things like that are played out on the national stage.

Comments

John said…
You are truly the Chris Berman of current events nicknames. Rapistpervert, Cheetah, Frackers. This tops them all so far. Thanks for the laugh this AM. I hope national security wasn't harmed in the making of this blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie