NO TWINKIES?????

What a world we live in.

Try and find a Twinkie somewhere tomorrow.

Ever since Hostess announced that they were going out of business there's been a mad rush.

Crazy.

My favorite Hostess story revolves around a golf tournament where there was plenty of beer being consumed. One guy stood up to answer a cell phone call from his wife. As he finished up the call another man (who was more than portly)screamed out:

"Hey Kevin was that your wife telling you that you can stay out a little longer?"

Kevin didn't miss a beat:

"No, Corky, you fat f%&* that was Hostess asking me if you mentioned how hungry you are tonight because they're trying to set their annual budget."

I think of that line every time someone mentions Hostess.

And being a Fazzolari I'm not much into sweets. I can't remember if I've ever eaten a Twinkie.

(Yeah, this shape is all pasta and pork chops, folks).

Yet there is a certain sadness, isn't there?

It's like losing a bit of our childhood.

It shouldn't be.

The products that Hostess sold were not real good for any of us. Those cupcakes look harmless and can be hammered down fairly quickly, but they are all the fat calories you need for a week or so.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the companies that produced those empty calories would just go away?

We are too fat after all.

But alas, I just heard today that the company may be saved and even if it's not the production of Twinkies will continue.

At least Corky will be happy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie