Running? Really?

I know the New York City Marathon is a big deal to the brain-challenged people who like to run for fun.

I understand that people wait for the event and train for the event and that perhaps there is money to be involved.

I know that there isn't anything like a runner's high for some of those involved.

But ARE YOU F&*%ING KIDDING ME????

Why in the hell were they even thinking about running the race now?

People are starving. People can't get gas or food or power. Some people have lost their homes, their cars, their pets, their parents, their kids.

It would have been a real goofy freaking time to be running around the soaked and tired city.

I usually look at an event and listen to what people are saying and just for kicks take the other path so that I can argue the popular point.

But I can't even do that here.

Everyone in the world thought that running this marathon was a bad idea...except those who stand to profit from it. I can't believe it took them that long to figure it out.

Tying up resources that could have been used to help someone...anyone...not suffer for a day would have been a better use of what is required to dig out.

And don't even get me started on running 26 miles even when the sun is out or you're living in La-La Land.

It ain't right.

I remember having to run a mile in high school.

It sucked.

I remember having to run for basketball at the start of each season.

It sucked.

I remember having to run to catch the bus one time as a sophomore in high school.

That one really sucked because my older sister Corinne saw me coming and closed the storm door. I went through the glass and hit the pavement but I still ran to the bus because I heard my father behind me screaming Italian curse words about the broken window. My poor bus driver Nina had to pick pieces of glass out of my bloody arm. Corinne and John were laughing their asses off.

A couple of years ago I did that Breast Cancer Run -

-No one likes my idea that it should be mandatory to go topless -

and I haven't been able to walk straight since.

If it wasn't such a great cause it would have really sucked.

Twenty-freaking-six miles?

I don't want to drive that far.

So let's think up some ways the runners could have helped:

1). Run around the neighborhoods bringing food to the starving.

2). Run to Delaware and back with gas cans for those who's generators are empty.

3). Run to the Jersey Shore, pick up a hammer and start rebuilding.

4). Carry a pail with them as they ran so they could bail leftover water.

5). They could have ran up to someone who just lost a loved one and hand them their entry fee and all the free water and orange slices they got for joining.

6). They could have ran over to Bloomberg and dumped a large soda over his head.

7). Then thank him for finally coming to his senses. We didn't need a stupid marathon right now.

8). We need life back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie