Humbled By the Passion

As we were leaving sold-out Blue Cross Arena in Rochester last night my cell phone buzzed and my wonderful sister-in-law sent her review.

It was a lot like my own.

"I'm just humbled by his passion."


Ain't it the truth?

Bruce had a busy night last night.

He had to hit Halloween.

Check with A Night with the Jersey Devil and The Monster Mash.

He had to sing about the devastation in the place where he grew up.

Atlantic City, Jersey Girl and My City of Ruins.

He had to address lost friends.

Tenth-Avenue Freeze-Out and Spirit in the Night.

He had to play two songs I'd never seen him do live.

Something in the Night and Drive All Night.

And he had to keep every person in that arena on their feet for over 3 hours.

Dancing in the Dark for Kim.

He did that and more.

And my sister-in-law summed it up perfectly.

"Bruce believes every word," I sent back to her.

"And so does every person in the crowd," she answered.

And man, I'm tired this morning and I just stood there watching.

Yet I jumped from bed and hit the road.

Passion for what you do and who you are doesn't come without a price.

In 35+ years of following Bruce around I've at least learned that much.

Comments

John said…
So how good were your seats?
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Close to Buffalo, honestly but we didn't get a finger on him! Great show. Filled with passion
deafjeff said…
I'd pay more than he knows to see "blood brothers" done live.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
There was a sign for that, Pops. I don't know if I could handle that one, honestly. He almost had me crying last night with his tribute to those we've all lost. That one would put me over the edge but you gave me a song to shoot for over the next 50 times I see him. He did Sonething in the Night last night to take that one off my list

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie