It's Almost Over Now

How many political mailings have you glanced at an immediately tossed into the garbage in the past month?

How many times have you muted the volume on the political ad, or fast-forwarded right by it?

Do you know that it costs money for these politicians to reach you?

A lot of money.

"I can't wait for next week so this crap stops," Sam said the other day.

We are building another apathetic American, folks.

But that money that could be used for, oh I don't know, feeding someone, or rebuilding a devastated city or something.

I don't even want to know how much cash is spent on each campaign. I certainly don't want to consider, really consider, what good that money could be doing for our kids in school.

Soccer balls for all?

It's a shame. It really is, but then again, I wonder how people would get their information about the candidates that they so seriously consider.

"I'm voting for Obama. I just don't like the look of that Romney guy. He killed his dog, you know," I overheard one lady say the other day.

Do you think a political flyer on fiscal responsibility will change her mind?

Yet I have a personal stake in the claim. This year there's a race between two candidates here in Buffalo.

One of the candidates did a television ad that spoofs the candidate he's running against and ties in a witch for Halloween. The witch has a truly grating voice that goes through me as soon as the commercial starts.

There isn't any way in hell that I'm voting for the candidate who paid for that ad.

I don't care if he is brighter than Truman, or more honest than Abe, or better prepared than George (that would be Washington, not the buffoon), or more powerful than Jefferson and Adams and all the rest.

He sealed his deal with the use of the witch.

Besides, I don't like the looks of him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie