Storm Clouds

Some crazy weather coming, huh?

I was reading an article about the two or three storms that are coming together and will supposedly meet sometime soon in a location near you.

You have two types of people in this situation.

There are the ones who pack up their gear and head for the hills and those who stand up to the television camera, claim that it's all creation of the media, and explain how tough they are.

Then when their homes are rolling down the street they wonder why no one gave them fair warning.

We really don't have a lot of those types of storms here in Buffalo, New York - the weather capital of the world.

We get a little snow on the roofs of our cars, battle some of the black ice, and it doesn't change what we do, really. If the blizzard is completely out of control we might sit it out for a few hours, but mostly, we're okay.

Not a lot blows off our houses, our roofs don't usually cave in, and we laugh at the snow, actually.

I know a lot of people who go out and play in it.

Yet I do realize that I'm getting older.

On Friday my beautiful wife asked if I'd like to spend my Saturday making a trip to see the biggest of the dorks at college a little over an hour away.

"I'm not driving an hour through the rain for the privilege of buying him a lobster tail and handing him a fistful of cash. He ain't got anything to say to us."

And, of course, it wasn't that I didn't want to see him. (I have about ten hours of Douche Armstrong to discuss with him as he was his biggest fan) but I didn't want to drive an hour!

I don't see as well as I used to.

I drive hundreds of miles each week for work.

I'm tired.

There's a storm coming.

I certainly hope that all are safe as Sandy rolls into town.

Did you know that Bruce has a character named Sandy featured in one of his earlier songs?

Coincidence?

Check tomorrow's photo.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Live from Oden Hammersmith when I was in kindergarten was a real nice take.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie