No Hate???

What is going on with the baseball playoffs?

So far I'm watching them without the usual anxiety, rage, aggravation and miserable angst creeping in.

The Yanks lost on Monday night.

They lost to the Orioles.

If I'd have even thought that was a possibility in April you'd have checked me for signs of glue-sniffing. I actually thought they'd lose 110 games. I asked an O's fan, before the season started to name five pitchers on the roster.

He couldn't.

Yet here we are. And the very reason why they are there may be the reason why I don't have hate in my heart.

You see, I went to about 50 games in Baltimore one year. Cal Ripken won the MVP on the last place team. He deserved it. He was fun to watch.

I also took a lot of trips to their ballpark at Camden Yards. It's a great park.

My wonderful cousins live in Baltimore. So does my sister. A number of college buddies are there.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want Baltimore to win because I want them to be happy. I want the Yankees to win so they can be miserable.

Carrie will be happy if the Yanks win as well.

Buck Showalter was the Yankee manager when they got good again in 1994. I think he's a baseball genius. The fact that he manages the O's now only enhances my opinion of him.

And have you noticed?

The O's play the game with respect. They play hard. They don't have crazy beards and dirty uniforms. They are playing it the Yankee way. Their fans will deny it, but they are mini-Yankees out there.

I'm really hoping that my hate grows over the next few days. Hell, I didn't even get worked up about the fact that the Yankees had to start the series on the road despite winning the best record overall.

Can it be that I'm maturing?

We all know that ain't it, right?

Oh, by the way, A-Rod is getting on my %$*ng nerves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie