I Dropped 12 Pounds!!!

Of course, it won't last.

You see, being sick last week (and I'm not out of the woods yet) really helped out.

By the way, the 'out of the woods' line is really weird, isn't it? You hear it all the time when someone is sick. The doctor might say it. The concerned family might say it.

As if there are woods out there somewhere.

Weird.

It's like Bills fans crowing about how no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. They've been circling them for 15 freaking years now.

Anywho-ha.

I lost weight.

Violently ill isn't really the way to peel off the pounds, is it?

"What happened to you?" the receptionist at the hip doctor asked me. I'd received an injection in my hip just seven days before.

"I got sick."

"Wow, you're doing good," she said.

And I suppose that I am.

I won't be able to avoid hip surgery.

I still can't take a deep breath without going into a coughing jag.

"I hope you have a good day," my beautiful wife texted me in the morning.

"Oh, it's gonna' be splendid!" I exclaimed.

And I suppose that it could be worse, right?

After all, there are people who fight it every day. You really don't have much if you aren't healthy and there are plenty of people who are sick and really might not get better.

Besides, I've decided to look on the bright side.

At least for a little while here, I can't be considered obese.

That's a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty