Counter Productive

The other night I was trolling through Facebook to see how the back and forth was going in regard to the election.

You see, I have learned not to say much about one candidate or the other.

It's just too toxic out there.

Yet I did happen about a site that was addressing gay rights, abortion, freedom of religion and the right to carry that semi-automatic weapon that might be needed should the British come calling again.

Homosexuality is wrong and should be punished by hanging in the public square, one man wrote.

The same man then went on to say:

Abortion is the murdering of a human life, and murder is wrong in all circumstances.

I really wanted to post:

Uh, dumb-dumb...see your note above.

I didn't.

Yet there are some real lunatic ravings and rantings going on.

We need to carry guns to defend ourselves...period.

I've been up and down all sides of that issue. I can see it from a lot of different angles. I agree with the right, for sure. I'm confused about how easy it might be to obtain a piece to murder people on a whim. I look at every single mass killing, and die a little at the thought that we cannot or will not address the issue.

Even one murder of one innocent seems too much to me. Those that have died at the hand of another deserve our consideration in trying to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Yet It's never about those murdered. It's always about the murderers right to amass a militia.

And it's so hard not to just type away.

What if you're wrong about that?

I just want to type that singular sentence to someone who is spouting their religious beliefs to me.

What if you're wrong?

Yet I have long since learned that zealots don't consider that they just might be wrong.

They don't care about the rights of others, but damn...don't mess with what they believe their rights to be.

Then there will be a public hanging.

Even though murder is never right.

It's all so confusing.

Comments

John said…
But sometimes it is SO hard to stay above the fray.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie