Goin' Cali'


Well, I heard from my brother Jeff for my birthday this week.

The Southern California Book Festival Awards were announced on October 18 and Oh Brother! The Life and Times of Jeff Fazzolari won a place in the biography section.

I laughed when I received the email because the last award it won was the New York Book Festival award that was presented on June 22...Jeff's birthday.

And it's all so random!

I believe that the book is up for awards in two more shows including the Southwest Book Festival and the London Book Festival.

Can it win across the pond?

Well so far it is four for four in festivals.

And the awards really don't mean a lot to me as an author. Yes, I am honored. It speaks to a lot of people doing their jobs very well, including Sterlinghouse Publisher for sure, but I'm well past the 'look at me' stage of life.

I'm more into the 'look at him' stage.

Yet a wise man (Bruce, of course)once told me that you need to celebrate the little victories in life because otherwise all the days are the same.

So tonight I'm gonna' pick up a fork somewhere and eat a big steak (eating is my last rough habit, I suppose)

and I'm gonna'

look up and smile

and

share a birthday wish or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie