Getting Closer


A lot of people who are reading Oh Brother! The Life & Times of Jeff Fazzolari believe in their hearts that Bruce needs to see the book.

Which would be nice, of course, but I have done little to get it to him.

Anyone that wants to try is welcome to it.

Well today I received a signed photo from Miami Steve Van Zandt, or Little Steven, or Silvio from the Sopranos.

Steven, of course, is another hero to me.

It seems that when the band was in Hamilton a man who used to work as a publicist for U2 and Bruce was allowed backstage for a chat.

The publicist told Steven of Jeff and the book, and Steven grabbed the cover off one of his old CD's and ripped the page off.

"What's the dude's name?" he asked.

The publicist told him 'Cliff'

So Steven signed.

'Little Steven was here.'

Isn't that pretty cool?

I was handed the autograph by a co-worker who also read the book and gets tears in his eyes whenever he talks about it.

"What? No Bruce?" I asked.

"Working on it!" he said. "He wasn't in the room when the publicist was talking with Steven."

I could almost see Steven as he nodded his head up and down, shook the publicist's hand and said:

"His brother must be proud of him."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie