Taking A Stab At It

With the I-pod finally loaded, (thanks to a big assist from the kids),and the back calmed down a bit (still not all the way there), and the newest river in front of the Fazzolari's to cross, (trying to get to the rivers just beyond it), I finally had the chance to catch up on a little reading.

As I do each morning, I went to the New York newspapers, and caught a glimpse of a familiar name, Emmanuel Young, a fine writer who shares a publisher with me. Young's book, The Psalms of a Warrior's Heart, was published through Sterling House, and like all of the books published there - it's a great read. (See how I subtly told you all of my books are great?)

Anyhow, I saw that Emmanuel was about to take a stab at writing the tell-all book from former wife swapper, Jamie Czerniawski, who was also an alleged husband-stabber after a run-in with her soon-to-be divorced husband.(She beat the rap).

It caught my attention not only because Emmanuel was about to handle a real sensitive subject, but because there seems to be an awful lot of violence between man and woman, doesn't there?

I can't imagine getting that upset with my beautiful wife. I can't imagine that despite all of my best efforts to drive her crazy that I could lead her to stab me. There has to be an awful lot of craziness leading up to the point, right?

My potential jury duty case was about a guy and gal who couldn't get along. I recently read that he was convicted of stabbing her with a barbecue fork. A freaking barbecue fork! How does that go down?

Her: Honey, the potatoes are done, how are you coming with the hamburgers?
Him: Not there yet!
Her: That's because all you do is suck beer and watch sports. I told you to start those earlier. Now the potatoes are going to be mush.
Him: Stop nagging me!
Her: Stop drinking!
Him: Stop sleeping with my best friend!
Her: Shut your @$%&*& mouth!
Him: I've had it! Come here, I'm going to put you on the grill!

Yes, Emmanuel Young has the unenviable task of trying to sort out the bitter feelings of a divorcing couple.

Perhaps Czerniawski should have stayed wife-swapped.

Oh well, writing a tell-all-book about surviving domestic abuse is a lot better than being skewered like a kabob.

(If you have the chance check out The Psalms of a Warrior's Heart, it is so much better than reading the daily news delivered to your doorstep!)

Comments

Looks like I'll be buying Mr. Young's book! The title by itself appeals to me and I just read some reviews on it... and some very ignorant comments on Christianity... aye, aye, aye - people are stabbing their spouses with barbecue forks because so many people are lost... Have Emmanuel Young call me, I can give him "the other side" about the devastation of divorce... ugh, makes me want to throw up.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie