Degenerating

Been battling the sore back and neck for weeks now. I can tell you a few things:

1). I like muscle relaxers.

2). My kids are big fans of telling me to suck it up and tough it out.

3). I'm getting old.

The X-rays came back and I looked them over noticing that my back looked all right to me. Then the doctor called to tell me that I have severe degeneration of discs in my neck. Wonderful.

The thing that gets me is that they used the word 'degeneration'. A cool, very descriptive word. I'm all about the language. Yet a word that truly makes you feel like a beaten-down man, right.

Well, the way I look at it, I've been degenerating since that first slap on the ass from the doctor, and I just recently gave up on my dream to be the starting left fielder for the 27-time WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK YANKEES.

I will swing my golf club this year, no matter what, and I already have the power of a seventy-year-old man, so I will continue - who cares if I lose another twenty yards off of my ever-powerful 150-yard drives.

I can still beat the Grape Ape's I play with because I KEEP SCORE!

Years ago my father, somehow got a signed autograph from Rocky Marciano, who is like a patron saint for Italians. Good old Rocky signed it - "Keep Punching."

I intend to - degenerating or not.

Tell me that isn't a cool word - very scientific.

Comments

John said…
Are you sure he didn't just call you a "degenerate"?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty