Find My Face

Human Wheels spin 'round and 'round, while the clock keeps the pace. Human wheels spin 'round and 'round, help the light find my face.

Went out for awhile last night - had a few Jamesons - my wife says it was more than a few, but she's a freaking liar.

Woke up happy today - isn't booze supposed to be a depressant? Ah, well, maybe tomorrow I'll be back in my element.

Thing is, my buddy Terry sent me songs for the I-pod - good songs too, he knows his crap - and a World Series hat for the 27-TIME WORLD CHAMPION NEW YORK YANKEES - and it was right on time, as they say, as I'd been down in the dumps - isn't it cool to be one of the people who help other people? I don't know it all the time, but Terry does - thanks, pal.

And I got in my car this morning to retrieve the morning news, and the I-pod was playing the Mellencamp tune - Human Wheels, spin 'round and 'round.

I entered the house and said the following words to Kathy - "Man, if there's fifty better songs than that..."

Help the light find my face

And the world keeps on spinning, and we try to find a place, and through good friends, and good Irish whiskey, we struggle....

... and some days it seems ridiculous...and some days it feels right...and some days we want to curl up in the fetal position...and some days we try...

And it's all an eternal struggle to get the light to our face.

And some days friends, spouses, children, and siblings hold you down and force you to face the light.

Can't wait for the depressant to kick in.

I feel too good right now.

The best line in the song is with human-hindered eyes.

Human-hindered.

Indeed.

Help the light to my face.

Comments

Terry87 said…
Great song. Mandolin makes it Bruce-like, no?
You left out you calling the Kansas upset. En fuego, you were. I Hope you picked up a lottery ticket yesterday.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie