The I-Pod Obsession

I've always been so protective of my music. I never wanted to change how I bought it, how I kept it organized, and which CD's I used and when.

Then my sister went and blew it all by bringing her I-pod with her on vacation last year. As we watched the waves, we listened to her music, just one song after another, beer after beer, the i-pod on shuffle, laughing at how great the music was and wondering if we'd ever get out of the sun long enough to even help with dinner.

It took me a year to break down. Well, actually, my wonderful wife picked up the I-pod for me.

"How many songs can you put on it?" she asked.

"You better get the biggest one they got," I said. "I have hundreds of CD's."

And the I-pod arrived a couple of days ago, and now, the obsession disorder is on overdrive, and thankfully, I'm not suffering alone. It seems Sam is similarly cursed.

For the past 48 hours we've been in front of the computer, downloading CD's and loading up the I-pod. The garbage bag of remaining cd's is still fairly full, but we continue to work.

For the record - nearly 400 Springsteen songs, followed close behind by efforts from Mark Knopfler.

I can't wait.

I can't sleep.

Download.

Mellencamp's next.

Then Tracy Chapman.

The Stones Collection.

God Help us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie