My Wife - the Saint

Over the course of the last month my wife has returned to school as she begins her studies to be a nurse.

The course work is rough, getting back into school mode is difficult, there's still too much for all of us to do around here, and the boys....man, the boys are getting to be real comic geniuses.

The first set of tests came back for Kathy over the course of the last two days. She received a 100 and a 98.

"What question did you miss?" I asked.

She just offered a frown. Being a good mom, she decided to turn it into a life lesson.

"You see what happens when you work hard?" she lectured Jake and Sam. "Every night I study whether I want to or not, or whether there's a good show on or not. The studying comes first."

The boys were basically silent for a split-second. But just a split-second.

"Don't you want to be like me?" Kathy asked.

"Yeah," Sam replied. "I want to be just like you - I wanna' be going to school when I'm 45 years old."

I spit my drink.

Kathy laughed too.

I told you she's a saint.

Comments

Larry L said…
Tell Kathy I returned to school a few years ago and on Monday I will be completing my last class. It was not easy but it will be worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie