I've Got My Own Problems

First job in yesterday I tried to open a door, it fell off it's hinges and skinned my knuckles. I also ripped off a toenail on my this little piggie went wee-wee-wee, and last night while putting a spice back in the counter I tweaked my shoulder, and it feels like I tore something.

In other words, I have my own problems.

This all comes up because of Facebook, and waiting on line at the grocery store, and listening to people chat about how miserable they are on any given day.

My new mantra - "I got my own problems."

Seems like an awful callous way to live, but I put it into the context of Mark McGwire and his steroid explanation.

"He hurt his foot, his back was bothering him, his shoulder didn't come back the way it should - that's why he did it - not to gain an advantage.

Blah, blah, blah - heard it all before. He was confronted with the truth and he told the world to leave him alone - all together now - he had his problems.

What bothers me is that he knew he was taking them when he broke Maris' record.

Steroids weren't illegal at the time so why didn't he just say - "I was hurting so I took steroids."

Because he knew it was wrong - that's why.

Who cares?

I've got my own problems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie