How is the New Year Treating You?

Still stuck in the snow here. Wondering what will thrill me to pass the time.

I have a good friend who talks me through the lulls in the writing, but to be honest with you, I don't have a black notebook on the desk and I'm not planning on buying one.

Feels like the book career will be a wrap with number 10 coming out this year. Which brings me to another strange feeling - normally I send the copies of the manuscript to my publisher with a real skip in my step,knowing that I did my very best, and that people will enjoy the book.

Writing about Jeff was never anything more than a labor of love that had a torture session attached to every single word. I did my best, and you will love the spirit, but so, so hard to get fired up about the release.

And that is where it all comes to pass...why it feels like the end of my writing career.

My wife asked me yesterday about what was next on the agenda. I always had a next...

"I'm going to play brickbreaker and watch Judge Judy," I said. "Just ride it out."

And so far, that is what I'm going for now. I'm going to concentrate on the job, the kids, and brickbreaker.

Of course, there will be editing the book, promoting the book, and watching the Yanks, beating Pops and Renaldo's asses at golf, but so far, quiet.

Maybe it'll all change in six months, but right now there's peace in my mind - no new characters fighting for space.

And Judge Judy really is a pisser.

Comments

John said…
This is still part of your grieving process. You will write again, my friend, but allowing yourself to grieve is a healthy thing. Don't let anyone tell you it should be otherwise.
Unknown said…
Big DITTO on John's remarks!!!

Much love,
Y

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty