The Hangover

Finally saw the movie the other night - I was afraid that I would expect too much of it, but I decided not to read too much into it, and actually thought it was all right. Not my favorite comedy ever - Knocked Up and Me, Myself and Irene are still tough to beat.

But the hangover was comical because a lot of people have been there - The what did I do last night- aspect of it is entertaining. And Vegas was fun, but I can't tell you about it.

So the new year begins the first of the year items right along with it - the first baby born, the first homicide (guess those resolutions didn't work out) and the first arrests. Buffalo had the first birth in the first hour and the first murder in the first 12 hours - we had 11 relatively peaceful hours I suppose.

Did you read about the two NBA players pulling guns on each other in the locker room? They do play for the team that used to be the Bullets - poetic justice.

And Rush Limbaugh has a healthy heart - Oh Thank God - I was so worried. Maybe the scare will lead him to an early retirement. Perhaps he exceeded the hate capacity and just shut down for awhile.

So, I'm definitely easing into things - the more relaxed state has me thinking about just keeping everything simple. A 2nd day in and I've done little more than rest, hang with the kids and watch it snow.

364 more quiet days and the most peaceful year ever will be in the books. Just don't want it to be complicated.

The hangover is almost gone - one more day, a big dish of pasta and the close of the Bills season. (Wow, how about that inspired choice of GM? We need the Steinbrenners to take control).

It's funny, but the first song I heard this year was Elvis Costello doing - What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

A theme song, perhaps?

Peace and love, peace and love - it'll cure any hangover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie