Half in the Bag

Typical Friday night with family things on my mind, but we stopped for a few beers and chicken wings to celebrate my mother-in-laws' birthday.

My wonderful brother-in-law added a photo of Jeff to his wall at the bar.

And it was on, bitch, pants on the floor, on.

I texted my buddy Pops - "Shots of Jameson now? Or writing tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow never knows," Pop texted back.

A shot for Jeff. A shot for Pops. A shot for myself.

"When are we leaving?" Kathy asked.

"Not there yet," I replied.

There are days when the whole things seems insufferable.

Nothing in the world prepared me for your heart. Nothing in the world I love more than your heart - your golden heart, golden heart, golden heart....

And so much to think about... Can you hear me? ... Jamesons with a beer back...foosbeall and my partner sucks now...another Jameson's...are these stuffed peppers okay?... man this blows...

Bruce on the way home...Knopfler as I write this...something needs to be there for inspiration tomorrow... but you know...tomorrow never knows.., and what are we without hope in our hearts?

I still think I'll write well tomorrow...

I wish I had one more shot of Jameson's though.

Nothing in the world prepared me for your heart. Nothing in the world I love more than your heart - your golden heart, golden heart, golden heart....

Comments

It does blow... drink the Jameson, cherish the memories, drink the Jameson, cherish the memories, drink the Jameson...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie